Colorado in the summer
Summer vacations offer such inspiration for my work. There is something very transcendent about the mountains and the fresh air that leads me to be in a constant state of production. I joke, but I don't really head up here for relaxation!
This year, we were joined by my a few of my children and my son-in-law. We did puzzles, discussed politics (Fourth of July, you know), hiked in the Rocky Mountains, and of course, cooked! I made my favorite trout recipe with almond crust and it was delicious! I've included the recipe down below.
- Olive oil
- Almond flour/ or crushed almonds
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Troutt Filets
- Brush olive oil on trout
- Mix almond flour and Parmesan cheese in a dinner plate
- Dredge the trout in the mixture
- Heat a skillet with olive oil or vegetable oil
- Pan sear for 5-7 minutes each side
- Start with skin side.
- When finished add mushrooms to the leftover oil and Parmesan and almond flour you used to dredge.
- Sauté the top fish